The early middle ages were an exciting period in the history of european architecture culminating in the development of the romanesque style major architectural innovations were made during this time including the medieval castle the church spire and the monastic cloister. The transition to medieval architecture ie the transformation of roman architecture with intricacy and verticality made little headway during this period at any rate very few buildings survive from the early dark ages and those that did were generally significantly modified in later periods. If one is looking for a well researched overview of early medieval architecture this is an excellent source well illustrated in addition to being well written and edited this was a delight to read
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.