Maya blue is the name of a hybrid organic and inorganic pigment used by the maya civilization to decorate pots sculpture codices and panels while its date of invention is somewhat controversial the pigment was predominantly used within the classic period beginning about ad 500. A maya king seated and wearing an elaborate head dress of blue feathers adorns the north wall of the ruined house discovered at the maya site of xultn. Maya blue on an ancient maya mural scientists have solved the mystery of how the maya concocted this pigment credit constantino reyes azulmayacom ancient maya would paint unlucky people blue . The composition of maya blue first used around ad 300 and which is almost impervious to age acid weather and even modern solvents remained a mystery until the 1960s when chemists deciphered
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.